The 2019 Training Camp will run from December 13th until December 20th.
This will be seven days of training, recovering, hiking, and meditation in the Jungle.
You won’t need a vacation from this vacation!
- December 13th through December 20th
Flō Retreat Center which sits about three kilometers up the mountains above Uvita, Costa Rica
Flō houses a fully equipped gym with squat racks that stare out into the jungle, a full commercial kitchen, a classroom, as well as accommodations for 20 attendees with expansive views of the Rio Uvita Valley and the Whale’s Tail. Flō sits on 20 acres of pristine rain forest bordered by rivers and six waterfalls on three sides with trails running down to a natural Olympic size pool and a 50 foot waterfall below.
For more information on regarding every pertaining to Flō click HERE.
There will be limited attendee spots available for each of these retreats. Accommodations will all be shared rooms (between 2 to 6 people per room). We will live, eat, learn, and train together.
If you want to come as a couple, the entrance fees will be the same for each person, as we only have so much space on site, but please email me before purchasing, as we only have five private rooms available, and they will not last long.
- Access to all amenities on site
- Access to weights
- Onsite local organic breakfast, lunch, and dinner (there will be a few unstructured lunch or dinners where attendees can go out to eat in smaller groups off site).
- Coffee, tea, and meditation each morning.
Registration Does Not Include:
- Airfare to and from Costa Rica – estimate $400-$700 depending on what airport you fly from.
- Transportation from SJO to and from Uvita. – estimate $60 dollars each way for a shared shuttle
- A personal rental car – you may elect to rent a vehicle but it will not be necessary – if you do make sure it is a 4x4.
- Any fees related to excursions and transportation to excursions.
- Snacks – if you are snacker bring your go-tos from the States. Only main meals will be provided.
At least one year lifting experience.
In order to attend either of these retreats you must submit an application with the subject line 2019 Training Camp to [email protected] with the following info:
- Why do you want to attend this event?
- What are you looking to take back with you from this experience?
- How long have you been training and what are your training goals?
- Where have you traveled inside and outside the United States?
Refund and Exchange Policy:
- A 50% refund may be issued up to 90 days before the retreat.
- An exchange to another attendee may be made up to 90 days from the retreat.
- After 90 days, no exchanges or refunds are possible.
Ryan L’Ecuyer has been lifting and researching all aspects relating to training, nutrition, and physical adaptation essentially since conception. His passion lies primarily in hypertrophy/bodybuilding and strength training, but still appreciates the magnitude of variables that affect the body’s ability to adapt to stress. With over 15 years personally in the trenches and 15,000+ hours of coaching experience, Coach L’Ecuyer uses the knowledge gained to continually push the physiological limits of the human organism. In 2014, Ryan achieved professional status as a life-time, drug-free bodybuilder and competes in powerlifting with a 1,537lb PR total. He also enjoys Ska and can still do a kick flip.
Dr. Ben House has worked as a Strength and Conditioning Coach and Nutritionist since 2006. House was accepted to medical school without an undergraduate degree, but elected to finish his degree and pursue a career in the health and fitness sector. He is currently lifting and practicing functional medicine after finishing his PhD and a multi-year metabolic health study within the Nutritional Sciences Department at UT-Austin. House has numerous publications in peer reviewed scientific journals such as The International Journal of Obesity, has presented his work at multiple international conferences, and his passion is researching, writing, and teaching. House puts out at least 300-500 pages of short, medium, and long free content per year and now lives in Costa Rica with his wife Steph and their puppies living the principles he asks others to build into their lives.