The 2018 Costa Rica Wellness RetreatsTwo Weeks of Real Food, Sun, Sleep, Movement, and Mindfulness in the Jungle of Uvita
Functional Medicine Costa Rica is excited to announce the 2018 Wellness Retreat for clients and friends. This year’s retreats will go from December 7th until December 21st. This is an opportunity to unplug and reconnect to the natural world. This is absolutely NOT a tour. This is a retreat. Your retreat. You are not required to attend anything and if you need to lay by the pool all day that is 100% OK. Or if you want to spend every waking hour hiking, snorkeling, and mountain climbing you can do that too. Pura Vida!
Wellness Week 1
- December 7th through the 14th
Wellness Week 2
- December 14th through the 21st
Flō Retreat Center which sits about three kilometers up the mountains above Uvita, Costa Rica
Flō houses two fully equipped gyms with squat racks that stare out into the jungle, a full commercial kitchen, a yoga studio, as well as accommodations for 30+ attendees with expansive views of the Rio Uvita Valley and the Whale’s Tail. Flō sits on 20 acres of pristine rain forest bordered by rivers and six waterfalls on three sides with trails running down to a natural Olympic size pool and a 50 foot waterfall below.
For more information on getting to Uvita click here.
There will be limited attendee spots available for each of these retreats. Accommodations will all be shared rooms (between 4 to 6 humans per room).
If you want to come as a couple, the entrance fees will be the same for each person, as we only have so much space on site, but please email me before purchasing, as we only have two private rooms available for each week, and they will not last long.
Each week is $1850 and the combined price is $3450
- Lodging and access to all the amenities on site.
- Local organic breakfast, lunch, and dinner (all meals are optional as attendees can go out to eat whenever or wherever they like).
- Morning Meditation with Kim House
- Evening Restorative Yoga Classes with Steph Góngora
Registration Does Not Include:
- Airfare to and from Costa Rica – estimate $400-$700 depending on what airport you fly from.
- Transportation from SJO to and from Uvita. – estimate $50 dollars each way
- A personal rental car
- Snacks – if you are snacker bring your go-tos from the States. Only main meals will be provided.
In order to attend either of these retreats you must submit an application with the subject line 2018 Costa Rica Retreat Application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- Why you want to attend this event?
- What are you looking to take back with you from this experience?
- What scares you most about submitting this application?
- Where have you traveled inside and outside the United States?
- and What is your favorite vegetable?
Refund and Exchange Policy:
- A 50% refund may be issued up to 90 days before the retreat.
- An exchange to another attendee may be made up to 90 days from the retreat.
- After 90 days, no exchanges or refunds are possible.
Steph Góngora (@casa_colibri) is a 200HR E-RYT, 500HR RYT yoga and aerial arts teacher currently based in Uvita, Costa Rica. She completed one of her first formal trainings with Meghan Currie in Nicaragua, and continued to pursue an additional 300HR training=with Christina Sell at The San Marcos School of Yoga. When living in Austin, she regularly attended additional training and one on one work with Erinn Lewis of Sukha Yoga, and recently started multiple online trainings with Yoga Medicine and Alanna Kaivalya.
Her teaching style combines precise breakdowns of form and anatomical cuing, with a creative flow style, stressing unusual transitions and authentic movement practices. She has developed a deep love and respect for inversions of all kinds, and is the author of multiple books including – The Beginner’s Guide to Handstand, The Beginner’s Guide to Handstand Pressing, and The Beginner’s Guide to Starting a Yoga Practice.
Kim House has been practicing Zen Buddhism for over 20 years and was ordained as a Zen teacher in 2006. His smile fills a room and he has been working his whole life at really listening. He leads small and large meditation groups and practices daily himself. He also enjoys writing, fishing, cooking, and fixing things.
Dr. Ben House has worked as a Strength and Conditioning Coach and Nutritionist since 2006. House was accepted to medical school without an undergraduate degree, but elected to finish his degree and pursue a career in the health and fitness sector. He is currently lifting and practicing functional medicine after finishing his PhD and a multi-year metabolic health study within the Nutritional Sciences Department at UT-Austin. House has numerous publications in peer reviewed scientific journals such as The International Journal of Obesity, has presented his work at multiple international conferences, and his passion is researching, writing, and teaching. House puts out at least 300-500 pages of short, medium, and long free content per year and now lives in Costa Rica with his wife Steph and their puppies living the principles he asks others to build into their lives.